What types of stone barbecues are there?
Certainly, stone barbecues may not be very different from construction site barbecues. In fact, there are models that are built in the same way, with and without hood. A special stone is used that can store heat well, preventing it from escaping.
But in countries, such as the southern part of the American continent, a rather curious style of stone barbecue is used. It is buried under the ground, covering it with rocks. This is not so surprising when we think that the soil keeps the heat better. In fact, some species of birds bury their eggs so that they can hatch themselves in the sunlight.
However, if we talk about what type of stone barbecue is most fashionable in recent years is, without a doubt, the volcanic stone barbecue.
Why a volcanic stone barbecue?
You’ve never heard of volcanic Brick Smockers? They are the favorite of cooks, as they can generate high temperatures in a very short time, and maintain them much more than coal. They do not dirty or require gloves to be worn. These are usually made of stainless steel, which makes them easy to clean, light and fairly compact.
However, the volcanic stone can only be used by those who already have a lot of experience in the use of a barbecue. Still, learning to make the most of these natural stones is not impossible, but it will require some practice.
What are the advantages of a Brick Smocker?
It is normal that you have some doubts when choosing a stone barbecue or other model. The stone barbecue has many advantages, do you want to know them?
- It’s very practical: It’s actually a much easier type of barbecue to use. Simple to install and you don’t need a lot of knowledge to use it.
- It is more functional: It has been shown that volcanic stone is more functional, having a lot of power in terms of heat. This allows everything to be cooked faster and more evenly. And because it holds heat better, it can be reused several times.
- You can use it in any space: The problem with some types of barbecues is that they are delimited. However, volcanic stone barbecues turn out to be very light, and can be easily carried around. An excellent choice for those who are going on a trip.
- Durable: Because volcanic stone barbecues are made of stainless steel, they are more durable than any other model.
- Very healthy: Cooking on a barbecue of this style is healthier than cooking in the kitchen. You don’t have to use so much oil, the food is cooked with its own fat and no harmful fumes are released during the process.
- Easy to clean: Some Brick Smocker have the problem that the cleaning task is very annoying. On the other hand, with this model it is quite simple. Since its surface is non-stick, thus avoiding bacteria.
- You can cook anything: Meat, vegetables or fish…. no matter what you want to do in this type of barbecue. You can cook anything!
What if I want to build a barbecue built entirely of stone?
Generally, when buying a barbecue, it has a brick structure. For what reason? The material is much cheaper. However, if you cook better in a stone oven, won’t it be the same in a stone barbecue? Of course, of course!
The big problem is that this type of barbecue is not easy to find. As a general rule, they should be ordered so that they can be made to measure. An advantage for those who have a stone house, as they can make it from the same material as the house or wall in which it will be located.
Would it be better if I was underground?
Underground cooking certainly helps to keep the heat better. But it takes a lot of skill to handle this kind of barbecue. Keep in mind that it digs a very deep hole for everything to come in.
However, it is true that meat such as chicken is much tastier when cooked with this type of Brick Smocker, using volcanic stone as a heat source. Its great advantage is that it does not take up any space because it is under the floor. But it can be a problem if you’re not careful. Some people build it as a well, but that is already the personal taste of each person.