What are the advantages of these barbecues?
Exactly what advantages do they have for you to decide to buy a gas barbecue? First of all, the speed of ignition. Just press a button and wait about 5 minutes to start. This helps to make the task of cooking faster and with much more room for improvisation.
For some, a barbecue is associated with making a big smoke. Smoke is not unpleasant for many people, but for those who do, gas barbecues are perfect. They do not generate it either on ignition or during cooking, which makes them much healthier.
The gas barbecue is characterized by its quick ignition and low smoke when preparing food.
Another advantage is that these barbecues allow better control of power. With other barbecues, such as charcoal barbecues, you should place the charcoal evenly on each side of the barbecue so that the heat is evenly distributed. With the gas ones it is not necessary, because with the push of a few buttons you will be able to light up one area or another of the barbecue.
In addition, the intensity of the heat is fully adjustable, with wood or charcoal barbecues, the flames can grow to touch the food, burning the surface and leaving the interior too raw.
Gas barbecues usually have a longer life than a charcoal barbecue. The longer durability of these barbecues means that, although the investment is higher because of the purchase of a barbecue with superior characteristics, the longer the investment is more profitable and therefore, the gas barbecue is cheaper.
On the other hand, there is the issue of security. Because it uses gas, these barbecues are much safer than charcoal barbecues, because they reduce the chances that an ember could jump out of the wind and cause a fire. With this kind of barbecue, you don’t have to worry.
Space for some may be a problem, as gas barbecues are often large. Today, however, there are small and even portable gas barbecue models for those who want to go to the country or do not have as much space in the garden.
How to choose the ideal gas barbecue?
Not sure what you should consider when buying your gas barbecue? It can be difficult to see so many models on the market, but these are the things to keep in mind:
- Size: What size do you need for your gas barbecue? Think of these as larger than other types of barbecues, so you may need a lot of space. But if your idea is to take it with you when you go on a trip, you’ll have to look for a more compact model.
- Will you use it often?Do you like to have family meetings? Or are you only buying it for special occasions? Depending on what you want it for, you will be interested in a cheaper model or in investing in a more expensive one.
- Cover or no cover?Did you know that there are models of gas barbecues that are sold without a lid? This is what is commonly known as a gas grill. It’s much better if it has a lid, because it helps make the food better. But, still, you like the food without a lid.
- Location: Although the location of a gas barbecue does not cost as much to decide as it does for a charcoal barbecue, it is important to check that you have the space to install it.
How to use a gas barbecue correctly?
Do you think grilling on a gas barbecue is something you’ll learn in one day? Of course you don’t! If you want the food you prepare in it to be perfect, you’re going to have to learn a number of tricks:
- The grill is always clean: Does it seem obvious to you? For many it is not so much. It’s true that this type of butane barbecue doesn’t have to be cleaned as much as others, but the smoke from the grill leaves a bad taste in the food if you don’t clean it well. In addition, the fat generated by the heat will also stick to the grill, and this can spoil the taste of some dishes. For example, if you’ve cooked fish before, and you don’t clean it well, the taste might stick to the taste of the meat.
- Beware of bursts: Yes, gas barbecues are safe, but when the fat in the food is mixed with a spark, or flame, an unexpected burst can occur. To avoid this, you have to have an empty part of the grill, so that you can move the food if the flame rises.
- Sugar and heat, what is there to know?There are foods that are cooked with sauces, and these are very rich in sugar. Sugar burns when it reaches a temperature of 130º C. When you cook this type of food, you must make sure that your barbecue does not exceed this temperature.
- Always keep an eye on the barbecue: It’s great fun to be at a meeting with friends and family while the barbecue is preparing the dishes, but are you going to leave it unattended? One single mistake and it could spoil the cooking point, cause a fire or go out without you noticing it and spoil your evening.
- Perfect cooking point: Gas barbecues can reach a temperature of up to 300°C. This does not mean that all the food you cook with it should be cooked at this temperature. For example, lamb, pork or veal should be cooked over a high heat, but fish, vegetables or chicken should be cooked over a medium heat. You’ll have to be patient with the cooking times.
- Do you know how to use the seal?To get the best taste in a barbecue, sealing is one of the great secrets of cooking on this type of instrument. Helps to give excellent flavor to meat, such as caramelized. To do this, heat the grill to the maximum, place the meat and wait a minute. After the minute, turn it over, reduce the heat and finish making.
- Learn to use indirect heat: To grill some types of meat, such as chicken, it is best to use indirect heat. To do this, the burners underneath the meat must be switched off and only those in the corners must be switched on. This way the meat will not become too much and will have a unique texture.
How should a bbq of gas be cleaned?
If this is the first time you have had a gas barbecue, you may not know how to clean it. This type of barbecue has to be cleaned twice a year and once after each use.
For the general you will have to light the barbecue, with the oven lid closed, for about 20 minutes. This will burn off grease and food debris for a quick partial cleaning. After 20 minutes, turn off the barbecue and let it cool down. Next, switch off the gas cylinder and burners. Clean the grill with a brass brush, then with a sponge soaked in mild soap (containing pH neutral) and warm water. You’ll have to do the same with the deflectors. Do not use abrasive products, as this will damage the barbecue enamel.
And for the rest of the barbecue? One or two a year will do. For the burners you will have to remove them, removing the back clip, and wash them with a steel barbed brush. Make sure you are cleaning the holes in the burners to ensure maximum cleanliness. To clean the interior well, you can use a watering hose, inserting it through the hole. Once finished, let it dry.
The lid is the easiest area to clean, as you only need a sponge, barbecue cleaner and warm water. In case of white stains, or corrosion, you can use cooking oil. Bathe a cloth in this oil and apply it in a circular motion.
The side trays will depend on the material. If it’s wood, you can use teak oil, but if it’s steel, use a barbecue cleaner. Finally, the floor. This type of barbecue can generate stains that are very difficult to clean. Therefore, it is best to install a barbecue pad or splash mat.
Where should you put your gas barbecue?
The great advantage of this type of barbecue is that it is much easier to locate than other types. You can have it on a terrace or in the garden, without any problem, since they are much safer and there is not so much chance of fire.
Even if they don’t make as much smoke, they should ideally not be near doors or windows. It is also not recommended that it be near the area where you are going to eat, as the smell of gas could be annoying to your guests.
Since size is a negative factor in this type of barbecue, you should look for a place with plenty of space to install it. Generally, they are put on terraces, but if you have a large garden, you can also have it in that area without problems.
Better or worse than other barbecues?
This barbecue also has some disadvantages. For example, there’s your price. While it may be safer, charcoal barbecues are a more economical investment. Also, make sure that the cylinder does not run out of gas.
Also, you can’t enjoy the fantastic experience of lighting a barbecue. On the other hand, you can’t take her anywhere. These barbecues are large and heavy, and you must add the extra weight of the cylinder. Even though there are smaller models, they are much more luxurious than other types of barbecues.
Even so, they have the great advantage that they are easier to locate in some area of your land, without having to worry about a fire being caused by a small oversight.