Would you like to have a beautiful and beautiful barbecue in the garden of your home? They are definitely the best thing for meeting with friends. Are you sure they’re what you need, though? Shouldn’t you get to know them a little better first?
Types of barbecues for construction sites
Before you think about buying a construction site barbecue, do you know there are two types of barbecue? The ones with the bell and the ones without. Each one covers a number of needs.
But what are the differences between one and the other?
- Barbecue with hood: These better channel the air, which helps to create better combustion and smoke conduction. In addition, sparks that may be generated can be better controlled. They turn out to be quite practical, as the smoke does not go straight to the face. On the other hand, these are usually more aesthetically beautiful and with more defined finishes.
- Barbecue without bell: Helps to have a better view of the food being cooked, as there are no barriers that prevent the view of what is being cooked. This helps you cook your dishes better. However, the smoke goes straight to the face, which can be annoying.
What advantages does this type of barbecue offer you?
- Its main advantage is its size, being able to build it in the shape and design that suits the owner’s taste.
- Because they are made of brick, stone or clay, they are often more durable than coal or gas models.
- They are quite comfortable, as they will always be mounted and ready for a barbecue.
- Due to its large size you can cook a lot of food when you have meetings with several people.
- They do not require much maintenance and are easy to clean.
- Charcoal or wood is used for combustion, so you’ll have the same as a charcoal barbecue but much more durable.
- It can be integrated into the environment if it is made with the same materials as those of the house.
Is it the right one for you? How do I find out?
Having a barbecue is the floor of every outdoor food lover. Now, are you sure you wouldn’t be better off buying another style? Here’s what you need to keep in mind before you buy a construction site barbecue!
- Space: It’s true that there are small building site barbecues, but the best thing about this type of barbecue is that it’s big enough to fully enjoy its potential. If you have a big garden, or a lot of land, you shouldn’t worry. But if it’s small, you should look at other options.
- Budget: No, don’t worry. Today’s construction site barbecues are quite inexpensive. You will easily find models that cost around 50-70 euros, but they are very basic. A good building site barbecue can cost more than 1,000 euros. Once it is set up, you will have a barbecue for life.
- Use: More in the frequency of use, when thinking about buying a barbecue or not, you have to think, where do you like to barbecue? Do you like to make them at home or go to the country and do it there with your friends? Remember that these barbecues are fixed and cannot be moved.
- Style: Once you have decided if you want a barbecue with or without bell, it’s time to choose the style. There are two models: modern and vintage. The retro style is an exact representation of early 20th century barbecues, but with the comforts of modern models. Modern ones, on the other hand, have a more striking aesthetic.
What will be the best location for your construction site barbecue?
The great advantage of mobile barbecues is that you can move them around whenever you want, until you find the right one. But this will not be the case with a barbecue on site. So in this case you’re going to have to think a lot about where you’re going to install it.
You should at all costs avoid having it near doors or windows. If it’s a barbecue with a bell, which helps send the fumes up into the sky, there’s no problem. But what if you buy one without a bell? All fumes can end up inside the house and it’s very annoying.
It should also not be installed near the area where your guests eat. It is true that it is nice to get the smell of food on the barbecue, but not the smoke. It also prevents it from being close to a swimming pool area. The floor of the barbecue area should be made of slab, to prevent any sparks from escaping and causing a fire.
I want to paint my barbecue to work, is it difficult?
Maybe you don’t like the color of your new barbecue, or with the passage of time you get bored with the color it has. In that case, what can you do? Then paint it yourself! Painting a barbecue on site is very easy, and we will explain step by step how to do it:
Delineate the area you want to paint, using masking tape or a thick tape that allows you to separate the areas you want to paint.
- To close the pores of the concrete blocks, you will have to apply a water-based primer before you start painting.
All set, it’s time to paint. For the corner
- use a thick brush, while the larger surface is better to use a roller. Thanks to the fixer, the paint will stick.
You’ll have to wait until the paint dries before you continue.
- Once dry, apply a second coat with a special exterior paint, first with the brush and then with the roller.
- Once the paint is dry, remove the tape and apply a special effect to the concrete of your barbecue. Thanks to this it will look like your barbecue is brand new.
How do I clean the barbecue on site?
It is not necessary to be cleaning the barbecue on site every few minutes. In fact, with annual maintenance you can have a kitchen mate for life. Now, it is recommended that you do at least a little maintenance.
In order to clean it you have to use coffee grounds, oil and newspaper. Using a brush, remove all the ashes from the barbecue. He’s cleaning up that area, putting up newspaper. Using the coffee grounds, rub the newspapers and grill, so you can remove any fat that is embedded. The remains will remain on the newsprint.
Finally, using the oil you have to go over each of the bars on the grill. This will help keep them from rusting. A process that will take you only half an hour and you will have it shining, as if it were new.
Can I set up my own barbecue?
Although there are companies that can set up your barbecue for you, what if you want to have a real home-made barbecue? You don’t have to be very handy to set up the barbecue you bought.
You’ll need it to ride it:
- Silicone gun
- Putty (to withstand high temperatures)
These are the steps for setting up a barbecue on site:
- Once you have chosen a level and rigid place (it should not be loose or too soft soil) you should place the base of the barbecue with a ribbon. Fix the pieces to the floor using the putty.
- The sink unit, the work area and the grill area must then be installed. Putty is the best way to fix it, but you must also join each piece with a little cement to ensure its strength.
- Waiting for the structure to dry a little, place the grill (remember that it must be adapted to the shape of your grill).
- The chimney, hood, leakage and fans are still to be installed. Some models may not have hoods or fans, it all depends on the money you have decided to spend on your barbecue.