Barbecues or bbqs are more than just a kitchen utensil, barbecues are meetings with friends, family and sunny afternoon smiles, good food and beer in the sun. If you are a barbecue lover, this is your website.
We will show you all the tricks, models and recipes to make your barbecue the icing on the cake of a perfect day.
What is your ideal barbecue?
There are countless models so it is normal that you do not know which barbecue to buy that best meets your needs. In Grill.City we have classified them so that you can find what you are looking for.
Types and models of barbecue: Pros and Cons
You can find the barbecue you need according to the following criteria:
- Depending on your fuel, such as gas, wood and charcoal. Undoubtedly the main factor as it has a direct impact on the use, maintenance and taste of your barbecues.
- You can also search for barbecues according to their materials, this way you will be able to find barbecues of work, prefabricated or metallic of stainless steel.
- Another way of classifying barbecues is according to the use you are going to give them, such as indoor, garden or portable barbecues.
- Finally, the barbecues can be classified by their manufacturers, among which are brands such as Leroy Merlin, Bauhaus, Aki, Barbecook, Char Griller, Dancook, Fesfoc, Invicta and many others.
- Another criterion that we must not forget is the price, we will show you the best barbecues according to their value for money, the cheapest offers you can find in a selection made in various online barbecue shops.
- We’ll help you find that perfect barbecue that bears your name and with which you’ll share so many good moments and great meals!
Our latest recipes
Barbecuing is not just about putting all the meat on the grill, we teach you the best recipes, spices, sauces and cuts to make your barbecues unforgettable.
Do you know how a barbecue differs from a grill?
This is the first question you should ask yourself, and don’t worry if you don’t know the answer because confusing them is a very common mistake. The difference between a barbecue and a grill is called a lid: the grill has a lid, the grill does not. it’s as simple as that.
This lid gives the barbecue a versatility of cooking uses that grills don’t have. For example, the barbecues can work as a grill oven to get a less charred and deeper preparation, I feel this is often the best way to cook large pieces to the point.
Check Our Blog
This lid also prevents the food from getting a smokier taste and aroma, because the smoke on the grills rises while on the barbecues we can keep it in contact with the food for longer.
Finally, the cover makes it safer to switch off because the cover protects the embers and wood from the wind, thus preventing possible sparks or embers from flying and causing unwanted fires.
Remember: with the grills you must always extinguish the embers with water, with the barbecues, you can close the lid and enjoy a quiet after-dinner meal.
Which fuel is better: coal, gas or wood?
We recommend reading this article: Which is the best charcoal for barbecues.
However, real barbecue lovers prefer wood or charcoal. There are many types of wood and charcoal that we can use for our grills, and in many cases, they will determine the flavor and aroma that the food will acquire.
Among the woods most commonly used for barbecue cooking are oak, olive, oak, orange, beech and ash, among others. Pero…
Attention! Attention! Toxic woods for cooking on grills or barbecues.
This is something that not everyone knows and that can turn an afternoon of joy into a nightmare of headaches and headaches. There are woods that should NEVER be used for cooking food, such as fig wood, as well as wood treated with paints or varnishes, as the combustion of these chemicals can be dangerous to our health.
At Grill.City we have created in-depth articles for each of them, but the undisputed king of barbecues is charcoal. this vegetable biomass is non-polluting and ecological, and the embers they produce have the characteristic of generating uniform and lasting heat ideal for cooking meats, fish or vegetables.
The charcoal has many variants according to the wood of origin as well as its carbonization process, we can find coals of white quebracho, coconut fiber, oak, among many others.
Coal is out of use due to its high pollutants and we do not recommend its use.